Though we were happy about the good start we got in SL, hunger started over riding the joy we had. I think, Kapu was not sure about a good place where we could have break fast. He took us around the Kandy town in search of a hotel. When we started seeing the same place many times, most of us got annoyed :). We asked him to go towards our next destination, and we will have some food on the way. Our next destination was “Nuwara Eliya”.
A view from the western entry point to Nagalapuram forest @ Nagalapuram, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh.
താങ്കളുടെ കയ്യില് ഒരു കാനണ് കാമറ ഉണ്ടോ? എങ്കില് ആ പവര്ഷോട്ടിനെ കൂടുതല് പവര് ഉള്ളതാക്കൂ!
ഇത് എനിക്ക് ഒരു ഫോര്വാര്ഡായി വന്നതാണ്. ബൂലോകത്തില് ആര്ക്കെങ്കിലും ഉപകാരപ്പെട്ടാല് അടിയേന് ധന്യനായി 🙂
I recently started using the canon hacked firmware for canon cameras called chdk, It is a really awesome 3rd party firmware that allows you to use your point and shoot (canon only) to the fullest.
Auto exp bracketing, auto iso bracketing, shooting in RAW mode, shutter speeds manual controls (upto 1000 seconds for my camera! I can’t even imagine capturing star trails on my p&s , planning to try it today!) , and really cool stuff like read text files and use your camera to even play games!! The full list goes like :
- RAW – CHDK can record raw files, giving you access to every bit of data the sensor saw, without compression or processing. Raw files can be manipulated on the camera, or processed on your PC. CHDK also has experimental support for the open DNG raw standard.
- Override Camera parameters – Exposures from 64s to 1/60,000s with flash sync. Full manual or priority control over exposure, aperture, ISO and focus.
- Bracketing – Bracketing is supported for exposure, aperture, ISO, and even focus.
- Video Overrides – Control the quality or bitrate of video, or change it on the fly.
- Scripting – Control CHDK and camera features using ubasic and Lua scripts. Enables time lapse, motion detection, advanced bracketing, and much more. Many user-written scripts are available on the forum and wiki.
- Motion detection – Trigger exposure in response to motion, fast enough to catch lightning.
- Edge overlay – Detect the edges in a scene, and display them later. Ideal for timelapses, stop-motion, stereography and much more.
- Live Histogram – CHDK includes a customizable, live histogram display, like those typically found on more expensive cameras.
- Zebra-Mode – Displays under and overexposure areas live on the screen.
- GRIDS – Create custom grids and display whichever one suits your shooting conditions.
- Multi-Lingual Interface – CHDK supports about 22 languages, and adding more languages is simple.
- DOF Calculator – Display detailed DOF information on the screen.
- Customizable OSD – Improved display of battery status, free space, camera parameters, and much more. Fully customizable with an on-screen editor.
- Filebrowser – Manage files without a PC.
- Textreader – Display text files on your camera.
- Games – Play Reversi, Sokoban, Mastermind or 4-in-a-Row on your camera.
- USB remote – Simple DIY remote allows you to control your camera remotely.
- Benchmark – Compare the performance of your SD cards.
- User Menu – Edit your own customizable User-Menu for fast access to often used features.
Check out chdk at http://is.gd/ZJQo
The best part is the firmware boots from your memory card so your waranty doesnt really get voided and you can switch back to default firmware by just removing the memory card or turning its lock to off mode!!
What are you waiting for ? Go hack your canon point and shoot and get more control! Good luck!
ഞാന് ഇന്നിത് വച്ച് പണിയും… നിങ്ങളും തുടങ്ങിക്കോ… ഓകേ എന്നാല്… സലാം
സന്തോഷ് (അഥവാ പൊന്നമ്പലം)